RxART is seeking a highly motivated individual for our Fall 2023 Internship, which is focused on Social Media & Marketing. RxART is an NYC-based arts nonprofit organization with the mission of helping children heal through the extraordinary power of visual art. We commission exceptional contemporary artists to transform sterile healthcare facilities into engaging and inspiring healing environments. For the past 23 years, RxART has completed 58 projects with 91 artists in 38 hospitals throughout 21 cities in the United States. RxART also operates as a registered charity in Canada.
RxART interns play a big role in our small and mighty team. We seek individuals who are creative thinkers and smart workers who are excited about our mission. It is essential that our interns are effective communicators who are adaptable to an array of responsibilities. RxART Internships offer the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience in a dynamic, fast-paced nonprofit arts organization, developing essential skills in arts administration.
– Help develop social media strategy & maintain a calendar of organization related content
– Facilitate production of in-house marketing material, including design & assembly
– Assist with MailChimp: Contact entry, newsletter drafting, and list segmenting
– Assist with daily office operations: mail, organization of RxART collection in Airtable, maintenance of internal server
– Provide support for virtual and local in-person events
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and InDesign), Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo; knowledge of MailChimp, WordPress and Airtable preferred
– Experience using Zoom for virtual programming
– Strong organizational, writing, and research skills
– Interest in and knowledge of contemporary art
– Ability to be proactive and work collaboratively
Dates & Compensation:
We require a commitment of at least 3 days a week for a full 3 months. There is a stipend of $500 per month and the internship qualifies for academic credit. It is preferable if a candidate can work with us for up to 6 months. The internship is in-person at RxART’s Lower East Side office during weekdays, Monday to Friday, 10 AM to 6 PM.
Please send a resume and cover letter including availability to firstname.lastname@example.org