Fall 2017 – Development Internship
RxArt is seeking a highly motivated individual for our Fall 2017 Development Internship. RxArt is a NYC-based national nonprofit organization whose mission is to help children heal through the extraordinary power of visual art. We commission exceptional contemporary artists to transform sterile healthcare facilities into engaging and inspiring environments. In the past 16 years, RxArt has completed over 40 projects with over 60 artists, including Urs Fischer, Jeff Koons, José Parlá, and Rob Pruitt.
RxArt interns play a big role on our small, yet powerful team. We are passionate about what we do and seek interns who will be too. It is essential that interns are effective communicators who are adaptable to an array of responsibilities. RxArt Internships offer the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience in a dynamic nonprofit arts organization, developing essential skills in arts administration.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Maintaining database: Contact and gift entry, list & report pulling, content cleaning
– Conducting detailed donor prospect research
– Assisting with donor mailings: Acknowledgments, annual appeals, newsletters, invites
– Providing support for cultivation events
– Strong organizational, writing, and research skills
– Interest in and knowledge of contemporary art
– Ability to be proactive and work collaboratively
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – especially Excel sorting & formulas, Word mail merges; Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM software; MailChimp and Gmail list management and Eblast functions
Start date is immediate. Interns must be able to commit to a schedule of at least 3 days per week for a minimum 3-month period. Internship is unpaid, but qualifies for academic credit.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter indicating area(s) of interest and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.